July 26, 2011

Lightening


O my! We had a great show last night!! The thunder was so loud it felt at times like the house was going to shatter apart. The lightening so big and bright, ripping across the sky. It just as scary as it was beautiful. Also we got a dash, and I do mean a dash, of rain. Big fat cold drops coming down in sporadic sprinkles. There I was out in the humid heat, leaning against the garage door trying to get my first ever lightening shots. Like an idiot wanting to get struck by lightening. Instead of peering out the windows like my kids and everyone else on the street. I loved the adrenaline rush immensely though and will most likely do it again. The eerie silence before the brilliant bright strike and thundering crash, makes every hair on your body stand on end in anticipation. Simply amazing. These are just a few that I captured before the very loud and powerful storm rushed on past us. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed taking them. _B

  
This one reminds me of the Poltergeist movie
  
This is the original picture, below is an edited version
 

7 comments:

nanny said...

Oh you got such great shots of the lightning. we had a storm on Sunday night....I snapped and snapped but got zero.....
I love how you describe reading on your profile. I feel the same way! It just transports me to another time and place, I love to read. I just wish I would sit still and do more of it.

Hilary said...

Great shots for handheld. I like the last one with the edge of the light fixture showing.

imbeingheldhostage said...

WOW. Those are really great shots. Thanks for sharing your thunderstorm. I really miss them!

Cloudia said...

how wonderful and invigorating!


Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

julochka said...

love the big square one!! great job! i so thunderstorms so much and we never really get a proper one around here. i guess we don't have enough continent for the thunderclouds to form properly, tho' it is rather nice that it's only an hour in either direction to the beach. :-)

Brandy Marie said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments :) I had such a great night taking those. All that time at the range while serving helped me learn great breathing control. Allows me to get pretty steady shots with my handheld. The little things the Army helps you with later in life, amazes me. Hope you all have a great weekend!! xo_B

Dan said...

Wonderful lightening shots. I haven't been able to capture lightening images, but I hope too!